CatholicCare’s adoptions counselling service is a free, fully-funded government program. It is for:
- anyone considering adoption of their child
- anyone, adult or child, who has ever been affected by adoption.
Our service functions as a point of contact for birth parents considering adoption for their child, prospective adoptive families, and people affected by past adoption including birth parents and adoptees.
Adoption profoundly touches the lives of all the people involved; birth parents, the adopted child, the adoptive parents as well as extended relatives and friends.
Our broad range of services to all people involved in adoption includes:
- pregnancy counselling and support for parents considering adoption as a possible option for their baby
- information and referrals for prospective adoptive families regarding the adoption process, eligibility and assessment
- post-adoption information and referral, including access to information
- education, training and consultation to community groups, students and other professionals
- registered counselling as per the Adoption Act 2000.
CatholicCare employs professionals with empathy and the skills and capacity to deliver, and they maintain a person-centred focus.