This program works alongside vulnerable families facing challenges. It provides support and specialised services for families expecting a child, or with children under 9 years .
CatholicCare recognises parents can struggle, but all parents have skills and experiences they can draw on to help their children grow. We can assist them to be the parents they would really like to be.
There are three ways a family can become involved in the program.
- With the family's agreement, a community agency can refer them.
- A family reported to Community Services may be invited to join.
- Families can refer themselves to Brighter Futures.
Participation in the program is voluntary and Community Services will always determine a family's eligibility, regardless of how the family has been referred to the program.
Every family is different and Brighter Futures varies its services to provide for individual needs. Services are delivered for about 12 months and each family receives ongoing support from a case worker. Services include:
- case management and support with home visits
- domestic violence intervention and support
- family support and parenting programs
- referral to quality children's services including childcare or playgroups.
Brighter Futures focuses on strengths of families, exploring and building on what is working well. In this way it improves relationships and connections within families and communities.