Team Leader Supported Independent Living
Newcastle and Upper Hunter
An exciting opportunity exists to for an experienced caseworker to join the team at CatholicCare in a supervisory role. Working in the Young Adolescent Services team, the Team Leader Supported Independent living will supervise a team of caseworkers and administrators to deliver a transitional service for young people moving from statutory care into independent living.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a supported independent living program (or equivalent), had experience leading a small team, and have strong interpersonal and organisational skills. The role is responsible for ensuring all case plans are up to date and statutory requirements post-care are met.
This is a temporary full time role that is likely to be extended. To be considered for this position, applicants must adequately address the following criteria:
- A degree in Social Welfare, Social Work or Psychology and/or equivalent experience in the delivery and management of Permanency Support Program and Supported Independent Living Programs.
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation.
- Minimum 12 months’ experience within the Supported Independent Living program or related field.
- Evidence of independent practice history and ability to manage a variety of more complex caseloads.
- Good working knowledge of legislation and systemic considerations relating to child protection and the Supported Independent Living Program in New South Wales.
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategies that promote emotional and developmental wellbeing in young people who have experienced complex trauma.
- Experience in managing a small team and leading positive culture.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external stakeholders in a manner that promotes professionalism.
- Willingness to be available to work after hours, including being rostered for on call.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee Working With Children Check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s license, and have the ability to work within Australia.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Sunday 18 March 2018.
***Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted***
For further information please contact YAS Manager on 02 4923 0621.