Team Leader Brighter Futures
The Brighter Futures program provides support and specialised services to vulnerable families to ensure that children can have the best possible start in life. It is a voluntary, targeted program, designed to help prevent an escalation of the problems faced by vulnerable families.
CatholicCare is seeking an experienced leader to manage the Brighter Futures program for the organisation. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated supervisory and casework experience, a sound understanding of Aboriginal culture and tradition, a demonstrated ability to negotiate outcomes, and a track record of fostering positive relationships with stakeholder networks.
This is a permanent, part time role based in our Taree office.
To be considered for this position, candidates must address and meet the following criteria:
- A commitment to work within the CatholicCare Mission, Vision and Values.
- Tertiary qualifications in social welfare, child or family services or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including staff supervision, support and development, conflict resolution and change management.
- Experience working with Parents and Families with a high commitment to child inclusive practice.
- Sound understanding and experience of early intervention programs and case management for vulnerable families.
- Highly developed communication skills including demonstrated skills in professional consultation, interagency liaison, report writing and verbal communication.
- A proven commitment to quality management, confidentiality and ethical practice.
- Strong affinity with and understanding of Aboriginal Culture, especially in relation to family and child protection issues.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Commitment to work flexible hours as required for program success.
- Senior First Aid Certificate/ or willingness to attain one.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee Working With Children Check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s licence, and have the ability to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted. *
For further information please contact Operations Manager Permanency Support on 4923 0607.