Multicultural Family Support Worker
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and a mission and outreach agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. Our services include a range of child and family services, youth and mental health services and a Permanency Support Programs. All staff are required to work within the ethos of the Catholic Church.
The Multicultural Family Support Worker will provide short term counselling, casework and advocacy support to refugee and asylum seeker families who are referred by DARA. The Multicultural Family Support Worker will be required to work with people from all demographic groups including:
- Asylum seekers
- Children from refugee families
- Young people from refugee families
- Families from refugee background
Reporting into the Assistant Director in Mayfield, this position will be 32 hours per week maximum term contract until June 30th 2019 at which time a review of outcomes will be conducted to assess ongoing need for potential extension.
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline or equivalent experience in the delivery of multicultural family support work.
- Demonstrated capacity to refer to and work within relevant legislation, workplace policies, and standards relating to Human Settlement Services.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with refugees and newly arrived migrants in relation to visas and conditions, entitlements, language support, accommodation, employment matters and other complex presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience networking in the sector.
- Excellent organisational skills – time management, problem solving and planning delegation.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of WHS legislation and Organisational Policy.
- Current NSW drivers license.
CatholicCare offers competitive salaries and benefits, tax free salary packaging, discounted gym memberships, and rewarding career paths.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, current Working with Children Check and have rights to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close 5pm Friday 29th March 2019
For more information about the position, please visit www.catholiccare.org.au/join-us/. or contact Tanya Russell on 02 4979 1176.
For further information please contact Tanya Russell on 02 4979 1176.