Education Link Worker
CatholicCare Social Services is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team in a newly created role - Education Link Worker.
The Education Link Worker role is a part time maximum term position, responsible for promoting positive education opportunities for children and young people in the care system to increase face to face engagement with the local public and private school network. This position will provide support to our most vulnerable children and young people to stay engaged with an education system therefore promote better outcome when leaving care.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience and qualifications in teaching, working with children and young people in care and have an understanding of child protection issues and the impact of intergenerational trauma.
CatholicCare offers competitive salaries and benefits, including tax free salary packaging, discounted gym memberships, and rewarding career paths.
If you are interested in joining our team, please be sure to address the following selection criteria in your application:
- Bachelor of Teaching or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of strength based family centered practice, child development, and trauma and attachment theory
- Direct experience in collaboration and commitment to a team work approach
- Experience working with children/young people, parents/carers and families with a high commitment to child inclusive practice and best practice case work principles
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside children and young people who experienced complex trauma
- Demonstrated ability to engage with numerous stakeholders from a range of different educational settings and the ability to advocate for children in care
- A sound understanding of child protection issues and the impact of inter generational trauma (particularly in relation to Aboriginal people)
- Evidenced capacity to ensure all data, records and reports are conducted and maintained according to set time frames and quality standards
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and CALD background
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, have a current paid working with children check (WWCC) and have the ability to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close 11.59 on Sunday 28 October 2018.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE POSITION DESCRIPTION
For further information please contact Program Development Manager on (02) 4923 0670.