Children’s Activity Worker x 3 Casual Roles
As a Children Activity worker you will be involved in such programs including the Permanency Support Program, Brighter Futures and Renewing Pathways program. The employees in these positions will run children’s activities in conjunction with parenting, training or information sessions across the region. These activities will be run in either CatholicCare settings or in families’ homes. The positions will also support Case Managers in the transportation of children from time to time and other related activities including supervised family time visits with children who are living in foster care and their birth parents.
- ualifications in early education, child development, teaching, social sciences or similar.
- Ability to effectively engage with young children.
- Ability to create educational programs and coordinate a range of activities for young children.
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate with parents/carers of young children.
- Knowledge of parenting practices that support parent-child relationships.
- An understanding of the importance of the “early years” and child development.
- An understanding of the impact of trauma on child development and a willingness to undertake internal training around trauma informed practice.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing skills.
- Ability to stay calm and to treat all people equally with respect and kindness.
- A high level of motivation and commitment to achieving outcomes.
What we offer:
CatholicCare offers competitive salaries and benefits, tax free salary packaging, discounted gym memberships, and rewarding career paths.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, current Working with Children Check and have the ability to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 13th December 2018
Please CLICK HERE to download the position description.
For further information please contact Liz Green on .