CatholicCare Social Services is seeking 2 x Casual Assessors to join our Permanency Support Carer Recruitment team. These positions will be based in our Cardiff Office and be offered on a casual basis.
The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child and young person the chance to have a loving, permanent home for life, whether that be with his or her parents, extended family or kin, or through open adoption or guardianship.
As Assessor you will coordinate and review referrals for children and conduct placement matching with authorised carers to ensure best practice according to the placement matching principles.
If you are passionate about best outcomes for children in foster care, if you align with our agreed values and are keen to help “build a stronger, fairer and kinder society”, then we invite you to come join our Permanency team circle.
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and values of our organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in the social or behavioural sciences or a related discipline or undertaking same.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting comprehensive psycho-social assessments and/or carer assessments
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and professional computer literacy.
- Sound understanding of child development and attachment theory
- A commitment to quality management, confidentiality and ethical practice
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Willingness to work outside of business hours
- Current drivers licence and own comprehensively insured car
- Attendance at Step by Step Assessment of Foster Carers facilitation training or willingness to undertake
- Experience working with children
- Experience in Out-Of-Home Care
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee working with children check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s license, and have the ability to work within Australia.
To apply for this position please address the following essential selection criteria in your cover letter, and provide a resume and current work related referees who can be contacted via telephone.
***Please note that not adequately addressing the essential selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted***
Application close 5pm 22nd March 2019. If you have any questions regarding these roles please contact Malea Parker on MParker@catholiccare.org.au
To view the position description and read further about CatholicCare Social Service please visit https://www.catholiccare.org.au/join-us/
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE POSITION DESCRIPTION
For further information please contact Malea Parker on .