Caseworker - SIL
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our Supported Independent Living team in a Casework role. This is a 2 year maximum term contract to 30 June 2020.
The Casework role will support young people in the Supported Independent Living program. The ideal candidate will have previous experience or qualifications in social welfare, strong administration and customer service skills, and an understanding of the Permanency Support program.
CatholicCare offers competitive salaries and benefits, including tax free salary packaging, discounted gym memberships, and rewarding career paths.
If you are interested in joining our team, please be sure to address the following selection criteria in your application:
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation.
- Certificate IV level qualification in social welfare or currently undertaking a related degree level qualification or significant work history within a similar role.
- Understanding of the NSW Permanency Support Program system and needs of young people within it.
- Ability to support young people to become independent.
- Ability to undertake various administrative tasks to a high standard, for example, data entry, report writing, filing and scheduling within a busy environment.
- Excellent communication, teamwork skills and ability to work independently and proactively with the provision of casework support.
- Commitment to confidentiality and building positive working relationships with all stakeholders in the Supported Independent Living program.
- Willingness to be available for on call roster and ability to undertake a scheduled roster of working days that may include weekend and weekdays outside of business hours.
- Current driver licence and use of own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance.
- Experience working within a team and with youth Knowledge of childhood trauma and development theory.
- Experience working with youth who demonstrate challenging behaviour.
For more information about the position, please visit www.catholiccare.org.au/join-us/. or contact Maryanne Kerrins on 02 4923 0607.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s licence, and have the ability to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close 9.00am on 22nd March 2019.
Please CLICK HERE to download the position description.
For further information please contact Maryanne Kerrins on 02 4923 0607.