Casework Coordinator – Permanency Support Program
- Based in Cardiff
- Maximum term contract until 30 June 2019
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and a mission and outreach agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. Our services include a range of child and family services, youth and mental health services and a Permanency Support Programs. All staff are required to work within the ethos of the Catholic Church.
The Casework Co-ordinator is responsible for ensuring the implementation of the therapeutic Care team intensive wraparound approach to achieve lasting permanent outcomes for children & young people in the Permanency Support Program. The role will ensure supports are well matched to improve health, education, wellbeing & quality of life outcomes, whilst maintaining safe positive relationships with their family & participation in culture & community.
- Qualification in Social Welfare, Social Work, Psychology or a related field, preferably at degree level (working towards) or extensive experience working with vulnerable families
- Proven capacity to refer to and work within relevant legislation, workplace policies, and standards relating to PSP with professional experience in casework, OOHC, or child protection.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strength based family centred practice, child development, trauma and attachment theory.
- Direct experience in collaboration and commitment to a team work approach.
- Experience working with children/young people, parents/carers and families with a high commitment to child inclusive practice and best practice case work principles.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and motivate others to progress the most appropriate permanency option in a timely manner.
- Experience in conducting articulate assessments and report writing for Court.
- Evidenced capacity to ensure all data, records and case plans are conducted and maintained according to set timeframes and quality standards.
- Proven commitment to work flexible hours as required for program success, including On Call roster.
- Current driver licence and use of own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance.
What we offer:
CatholicCare offers competitive salaries and benefits, tax free salary packaging, discounted gym memberships, and rewarding career paths.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, current Working with Children Check and have rights to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close 5.00pm 20 December 2018
For further information please contact Allison Armstrong on 4944 0728.