Case Worker – Early Intervention Placement Prevention (EIPP)
CatholicCare Social Services is seeking a self-motivated and passionate individual to join our Youth Adult Services Team in a rewarding role, Case Worker – Early Intervention Placement Prevention (EIPP). This position will be based in the Maitland Area and be offered on a part-time (3 days per week) maximum term contract till 30th June 2020.
Case Worker – Early Intervention Placement Prevention (EIPP) provides short term to medium term case work for at risk or vulnerable young people aged between 12 – 17 and their families. The position is designed to work closely alongside the Youth and Family Counsellor funded under the same program to provide a complementary wrap around one stop service.
The focus of this earlier intervention program is to prevent young people from entering into care or the juvenile justice system, improve connections within family and community and to improve the general wellbeing of the participants.
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation and active engagement in organisational events.
- A degree in Social Welfare, Social Work, and Psychology or another relevant Tertiary qualification and/or extensive case work experience with the nominated clientele.
- Experience, or ability to, work with young people in a therapeutic and supportive manner.
- Ability to build rapport with young people, particularly young people who have complex issues and also may be hesitant to engage in a counselling/supportive process.
- Strong organisation skills including time management, record keeping and timely communication with all stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strong networks and partnerships within the Maitland, Cessnock and Dungog LGA community to support local young people and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, in a self-directed manner.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability or willingness to train in the delivery of parenting or other group programs.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee working with children check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s license, and have the ability to work within Australia.
To view the position description and apply for this position, please visit https://www.catholiccare.org.au/join-us/
To apply for this position please address the following essential selection criteria in your cover letter, and provide a resume and current work related referees who can be contacted via telephone.
***Please note that not adequately addressing the essential selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted***
For more information about the position, please visit www.catholiccare.org.au/join-us/ or contact Maryanne Kerrins on 02 4923 0607.
Applications close 5pm on Thursday 21 March 2019.
For further information please contact Maryanne Kerrins on 02 4923 0607.