Carer Recruitment & Placement Manager
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and a mission and outreach agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. Our services include a range of child and family services, youth services, disability, community services, refugee service, mental health and Permanency Support Programs.
The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child and young person the chance to have a loving, permanent home for life, whether that be with his or her parents, extended family or kin, or through open adoption or guardianship.
As Carer Recruitment & Placements Manager, you will provide leadership & management of the Carer Recruitment & Placements team and contribute to the overall leadership of the PSP and CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning, through program and policy development and promotion of quality practices. You will develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with FACS, stakeholders and other agencies and undertake targeted carer recruitment to ensure safety, permanency and well-being for children, young people and their families and kin.
Managing a team who undertake recruitment, assessment and training of foster and relative carer applicants, you will have oversight of referrals and placement matching processes with authorised carers to implement new and innovative ways of working and to ensure best practice is consistently implemented.
You will bring a demonstrated understanding of Child Protection systems and legal processes, and the ability to provide advice on relevant legislation, policies and standards relating to the PSP.
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values to our organisation.
- Degree qualifications (or working towards) in social work/social science/psychology/related field or significant experience working in social services with a commitment to acquiring the required degree qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a multifunctional team and provide leadership during periods of significant change to foster resilience and positivity.
- Ability to use critical thinking to problem solve, make decisions, think outside the square and a willingness to promote and implement new and innovative ways of working.
- Highly developed time management and reflective practice skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of Child Protection systems and legal processes, and ability to provide advice on relevant legislation, policies and standards relating to the Permanency Support Program.
- Registered Assessor ACWA Step by Step 2016.
- Ability to deliver training and other presentations to groups to a high standard
- Willingness to work outside of business hours as reasonably required.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, current Working with Children Check and have rights to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Please CLICK HERE to download the position description
Applications close: Monday, 21 January 2019
For further information please contact Operations Manager - Permanency Support on 4923 0607.