Behaviour Support Clinician (Therapeutic Specialist)
CatholicCare is currently implementing an innovative therapeutic care program across its Permanency Support team. If you are passionate about best outcomes for children in foster care, if you align with our agreed values of Respect, Justice, Connection, Collaboration and Innovation, if you are keen to help “build a stronger, fairer and kinder society”, then we invite you to come join our Permanency team circle.
We are seeking an experienced allied health professional (psychologists, occupational therapists, accredited mental health social workers) to join our Care Team to provide interventions to children, young people and other stakeholders in the delivery of therapeutic care. The ideal candidate will have experience using trauma-informed frameworks and a commitment to meeting the needs of children and families affected by trauma.
This is a maximum term, part time role (30 hours/week) based at our Cardiff office.
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation.
- Relevant experience and qualifications as a registered psychologist or provisional psychologist with significant experience in the social services sector, occupational therapist or mental health accredited social worker.
- Demonstrated compassion towards, experience and understanding of the holistic and therapeutic needs of children and families affected by trauma.
- Ability to complete, or work towards psychometric, psychological and developmental assessments relevant to children and young people in care.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and delivering intervention strategies and/or Behaviour Support Plans for children and/ or families in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- High-level interpersonal skills relating to effective communication, attention to detail, ability to inspire others, working collaboratively with and contributing to a positive team culture.
- Flexibility in occasionally being available outside of core business hours in performing duties of this position.
- Current driver licence and use of own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee working with children check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s license, and have the ability to work within Australia.
Applications close on 13 August 2018
***Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted***
For further information please contact Operations Manager Permanency Support Program on 02 4923 0607.